I really like the title of this show. One of my favorite things about country living is traveling the backroads on a pretty day. Kentucky really is a beautiful state, and the rolling fields, deep caverns, creeks, lakes and rock formations can be breathtaking. I think the title of this show is an appropriate description of Kentucky.
Tucked along those backroads and rolling fields, sprinkled here and there, are unique and interesting people. Many folks think that isolation helps spur creativity in our people. To some degree this is true, I think. Growing up, all of my family members had projects we were constantly working on…piddling as we called it. I have piddled my whole life. In fact, I really never felt comfortable calling myself an artist until I was in my 20′s. So removed from the “art world” was I, that I simply said I piddled with making things.
I’m glad my folks encouraged all that piddling.
The episode that I filmed back in May (you can read more about that experience here) is coming up this next weekend on KET and RFD-TV. Although hesitant to participate at first because of my own shyness and perhaps, stage fright, I’m so glad Bob and Matt encouraged me to share my artwork on their program. It really was such a great experience and has helped me overcome some of that stage fright to a degree.
I encourage you to watch Bluegrass & Backroads. There are some interesting things happening in Kentucky, at the hands of interesting makers and these two fellows work very hard to scout the best and most interesting makers and bring their stories to you.
You can visit this link for a list of air dates on KET, (Kentucky Educational Television). I am episode #1305, just scroll down and look for Rebecca Miller Campbell or see dates below.
26:40 | #1305 | First Airs: October 15, 2016
- KET2: Saturday, October 15 at 4:30 PM ET
- KETKY: Sunday, October 16 at 7:30 AM ET
- KETKY: Sunday, October 16 at 11:00 PM ET
- KETKY: Tuesday, October 18 at 12:30 PM ET
- KETKY: Tuesday, October 18 at 2:30 PM ET
- KET: Wednesday, October 19 at 12:00 AM ET
- KETKY: Friday, October 21 at 7:30 AM ET
- KETKY: Sunday, December 11 at 11:00 PM ET
- KETKY: Tuesday, December 13 at 12:30 PM ET
- KETKY: Tuesday, December 13 at 2:30 PM ET
- KET: Wednesday, December 14 at 12:00 AM ET
- KETKY: Thursday, December 15 at 8:30 PM ET
- KETKY: Friday, December 16 at 7:30 AM ET
- KETKY: Sunday, December 18 at 7:30 AM ET
Bluegrass and Backroads will also air nation-wide on RFD-TV. You have have that channel, my episode, Season 13 Ep 5, will air October 19th, at 5:30 PM ET.
I hope you enjoy the little glimpse into what my day to day life in my studio looks like. I love making these little creations and I LOVE being able to share them and my process with you! Thank you for helping me realize that piddlers and artists are many times one and the same!